Privacy & Cookie Policies
Updated 24 February 2021
Inspire Venture Limited trading as Adventure Van Rental and Reforma Commercial Sales (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.adventurevanrental.co.uk website.
- Information about cookies
1.1 A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that, if you agree to their use, is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device. They contain information that is transferred to your hard drive. The cookies that we could use can be split into the following categories:
(a) Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of the website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into parts of the website.
(b) Analytical/performance cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and to see how they navigate around the website whilst they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
(c) Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to the website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- The cookies we use
2.1 We use the following cookies:
|Visitor Analytics||_ga||Used by Inspire Venture Limited to see how our website users navigate the website.||26 months|
|Visitor Analytics||_gat||Used by Inspire Venture Limited to see how our website users navigate the website.||Until you close the browser|
|Visitor Analytics||_gid||Used by Inspire Venture Limited to see how our website users navigate the website.||1 Day|
|System||wordpress_test_cookie||Used by WordPress to check that cookies work||Until you close the browser|
|System||itsec-hb-login||Used by WordPress to manage logins||Until you close the browser|
|System||CookiesDirective (Marketing / Analytics)||Used by the website to notify cookies are in use||1 year|
- How you can block cookies
3.1 You were presented with a pop up when you first visited this website to gain your consent for the use of the above cookies. To opt out of our cookies at any time you can delete the existing cookies within your website browser and reject them upon re-visiting our website.
3.2 You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
3.3 Please be aware that blocking cookies may affect your ability to use the website. In particular, you may not be able to access all/or parts of the website or use the functionalities contained within it.
By visiting and using this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following categories of data about you:
1.1 Information you give us
(a) This is information about you that you provide us by filling in forms on the website, uploading documents to the website, interacting with the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you sign up to our newsletter service, register for an account, buy a product or service through our website, make an enquiry about our products and services or any other personal information you choose to send to us.
(b) The information you give us could include your name, billing address, delivery address, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number and payment card details.
(d) With regard to customers who hire a vehicle through our website, these customers will be required to provide all of the above information about themselves in addition to the name(s) and date(s) of birth of any passengers and/or nominated drivers.
(e) Vehicle hire customers will also be required to complete a driving record confirmation statement as part of the booking process, which will be answered on behalf of themselves as hirer and all additional drivers they nominate. Finally, they will be required to provide identification documents for themselves and their nominated drivers via upload to our website. The identification documents we require includes:
- driving licence details, including a copy of the photocard and paper counterpart if old-style, to enable us to inspect the driving licences to ensure they are in line with our insurance requirements. In order to do this, customers and nominated additional drivers must request a licence check code from the DVLA under the “Get your check code” tab at this address https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence and provide this check code to us.
- 2 utility bills/statements that are no more than 90 days old from the date the customers hire period commences. Examples are water, electricity, gas, broadband or landline bills, or
- 1 utility bill/statement and 1 of either, council tax bill, TV licence, bank or credit card statement, mortgage statement.
(f) Before you disclose to us any personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and processing of that information within the terms of this policy. By submitting the personal information of another person to us, we take this as your confirmation that you have obtained the necessary consent to do so.
(g) If you submit personal information for publication on our website, such as a testimonial, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
1.2 Information we collect about you
(a) This is information that we collect automatically about your visit during your time on the website. It typically involves technical information (such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths) and is often collected using small data files called “cookies”. This information helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the website and also to indicate where the website requires improvement.
1.3 Information we receive from other sources
(a) This is information that we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share this data internally. We will also have specified for what purpose we will share your data.
(b) This also includes information that we receive from third parties, such as business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and so on. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
1.4 Social Media platforms
(a) We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol.
(b) We will use social media to market our products and services. Users are able to freely interact with these public pages and they do so out of their own volition. Any contact is deemed a legitimate business enquiry. We will not ask a user to provide personally identifiable through these publicly available pages. If a user does, they do so out of their own volition, however, we will ask that it is deleted and request they contact us privately if their enquiry legitimately requires the sharing of personally identifiable information.
(c) We may have lead generation forms on our social media platforms and any personally identifiable data gathered through these forms is provided out of the users own volition.
(d) We may use your identity details (including social handles) to enable your participation in a prize draw or competition which you have entered.
(e) We may use your identity details to market products and services to you, Inspire Venture News, competitions, offers, and other information and/or service you have previously ordered or purchased or to a product/service you have expressed an interest in.
(f) With a customers’ permission we will interact with them whilst they are hiring a vehicle from us. For example, if they tag us in their social media posts/images we will engage with those posts/images. If the customer or members of the public ask publicly available questions in response to our posts we will either respond in a publicly available message or a direct message, whichever is deemed most appropriate in the circumstances. If a customer or a member of public posts private details (such as contact number, address or email) in a publicly available message, we will ask that this is deleted and sent to us privately. If a customer direct messages us, we will always respond with a direct message.
(a) Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than 26 months.
- Uses made of the information
2.1 All information about you that we collect or receive, whether of a personal or technical nature, may be used by us in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, to provide you with the information you request from us and to deliver the products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with email confirmations, reminders and notifications in respect of a product or service you have purchased from us;
- To send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and to collect payments from you;
- To send you non-marketing commercial communications;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, system and security updates, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To send you our newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- To send you marketing communications about other products and services, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties, which we think may be of interest to you (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- To invite you to give feedback and/or take part in market research or surveys to assist us with improving customer experiences and our products and services;
- To deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- As part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To comply with our record keeping and information storage obligations and policy (please see the Clause 4 below for more details).
2.2 We may receive information from other sources and we will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
3.1 We may disclose your personal information with:
- Employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors insofar as is necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the website;
- Third party support services, such as, but not limited to project management tools, accounting systems and hosting data centre.
- Trusted third party data processors, including but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram and Mailchimp.
3.2 We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
- To protect our rights, property or safety, or those of our clients or others.
- When it is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our service.
- To any person we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
- Except as provided in the policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- Security and storage of your personal data
4.1 All information that you provide to us is stored on our, or our selected business partners’, secure servers, and we will take reasonable steps to protect your information in accordance with this policy, including (without limitation):
- Installing a secure firewall;
- Using anti-virus protection software;
- Encrypting data, including all payments made via our website; and
- Carrying out regular back-ups.
4.2 All data sent via website forms is passed through a third-party relay service and deleted after 30 days.
4.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the website; and any such transmission is at your own risk.
4.4 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing your account within our website confidential and we will not ask you for your password, other than when you use it to log in to our website.
4.5 Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Retaining personal information
5.1 Our approach to data retention is designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
5.2 We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data, including in the following circumstances:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- If we believe the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- If we believe the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective insurance claims; and
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
5.3 Wherever possible we will automatically delete the driving licence and identification documents that have been uploaded to our website 90 days after the end of your hire period.
- Your rights
6.1 You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to, or opt out of, certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
6.2 Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, you may do so at any time by writing to us at Adventure Van Rental, Unit 9A, Sapper Jordan Rossi Park, Otley Road, Baildon, Bradford, BD17 7AX, England.
6.3 In some cases, we are permitted to charge a small fee of no more than £10 in respect of our administrative costs. If you would like to request the information we hold about you under a Subject Access Request you can download an application by clicking here.
6.4 We will require appropriate evidence of your identity (we will accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank, plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address) before providing any personal information you ask us to provide and, to the extent permitted by law, we may withhold personal information that you request.
6.5 If you feel that your rights have been breached in any way, you should contact us at the address above or lodge an official complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website (https://ico.org.uk) or by writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
- Third party websites
7.1 The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.